Ceramic brakes compared to other types of brakes have the following advantages:
(1) ceramic brakes and traditional brake pads the biggest difference is no metal. Traditional brakes in the metal is the main friction material, braking force, but the wear and tear, and prone to noise. After the installation of ceramic brakes, in normal driving, will not produce abnormal clamor (that is, scratched sound). Because the ceramic brake pads do not contain metal components, so to avoid the traditional metal brakes and dual pieces (that is, brake pads and brake discs) rubbing metal clamor.
(2) stable friction coefficient. The friction coefficient is the most important performance index of any friction material, the relationship between the brake pad braking ability is good or bad. In the braking process due to friction heat, the working temperature increases, the general brake pads friction material by the temperature, the friction coefficient began to decline. In the practical application will reduce the friction, thereby reducing the braking effect. Ordinary brakes friction material is not mature, the friction coefficient is too high caused by the direction of the brake out of control, burned, scratched brake disc and other unsafe factors. Even if the brake disc temperature up to 650 degrees, the ceramic brake pads friction coefficient is still 0.45-0.55 or so, to ensure that the vehicle has a good braking performance.
(3) ceramic has good thermal stability and low thermal conductivity, good wear resistance. Long-term use of the temperature at 1000 degrees, this feature allows the ceramic can be suitable for a variety of high-performance brake material high performance requirements, to meet the brake pads high-speed, security, high wear and other technical requirements.
(4) has good mechanical strength and physical properties. Able to withstand greater pressure and shear force. Friction material products in the assembly before use, the need for drilling, assembly and other mechanical processing, in order to make brake pads. Therefore, the friction material must be required to have sufficient mechanical strength to ensure that no damage and fragmentation occurs during processing or use.
(5) has a very low thermal attenuation. Regardless of M09 material of the first generation of ceramic products or TD58 fourth-generation ceramic brake pads, can still ensure that the vehicle has a good braking performance to ensure safety, the thermal shock of the brake pads is very small.
(6) to enhance the performance of brake pads. Due to the rapid cooling of ceramic materials, so for the manufacture of brakes, its friction coefficient should be higher than the friction coefficient of metal brakes.
(7) security. Brake pads produce instantaneous high temperatures during braking, especially at high speeds or in emergency braking. In the high temperature state, the friction coefficient of the friction plate will decline, known as the thermal decline. Ordinary brakes Thermal recession low, high temperature and emergency braking when the brake oil temperature increases the brake brake delay, or even lose the braking effect of low safety factor.
(8) comfort. In the comfort indicators, the owner is often the most concerned about the noise of the brake pads, in fact, the noise is also a long time can not solve the problem of ordinary brake pads. The noise is caused by the abnormal friction between the friction plate and the friction plate. The reason for this is that the braking force, the brake disc temperature, the vehicle speed and the climatic conditions are likely to be the cause of the noise.
In addition, the noise at the beginning of the brake, brake implementation and brake release three different stages of the reasons are not the same. If the noise frequency between 0 ~ 550Hz, the car will not feel, but if more than 800Hz, the owner will be able to clearly feel the brake noise.
Previous: Brake material development direction
Next: No Information